MAIN OBJECTIVES AND JOB ROLE:
To focus on the daily function of the food and beverage area, maintaining a high standard of service and customer care in a friendly and relaxed environment.
- To report for duty punctually as per your department rota, wearing the correct uniform attire.
- To take responsibility for the restaurants, bars and related areas whilst on duty, carrying out tasks as required.
- To serve guests their food and beverage requirements, in a timely and professional manner.
- To clear used dishes, glasses and other utensils and equipment from guest tables, buffet tables and other display and service areas promptly.
- To attend to guest requests.
- To manage any cash transactions according to company standards.
- Cleaning duties to include operational areas of the restaurant and kitchen preparation areas.
- To speak with guests who have queries, complaints and take necessary action to satisfy the guest, reporting serious complaints to a senior manager.
- To assist in cleaning, polishing, storage and distribution of restaurant equipment.
- To assist in preparation of the bars for service, including re-configuration of the bar furniture, decoration of specified areas for special events.
- Assist other members of the team in the execution of their duties when it is apparent they need support.
- To understand the current wine, drinks and food menu on offer and be able to advise guests.
- To assist in preparation of the restaurants for service, including re-configuration of the restaurant furniture, decoration of specified areas for special events.
- To understand and have a good level of verbal English.
- To have a basic food hygiene qualification.
- To attend any training courses as instructed by the hotel to ensure statutory compliance.
- To undertake any reasonable duty as requested by management.
- To be fully flexible in working in other areas to the needs of the business.