MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To consistently achieve the service delivery standards of meeting and greeting guests. To ensure areas of the hotel are maintained to an appropriate standard. To provide a constant point of reference for guest and colleagues. To ensure correct and efficient handling of luggage and messages.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
To provide a consistent customer service to all guests arriving, visiting or departing the hotel.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
• To promote a helpful, caring and professional image to guests and staff at all times.
• To comply with company regulations as stipulated in staff handbook, regarding uniform, timekeeping and general conduct.
• To assist guests with luggage whether they are arriving or departing and store in the luggage room clearly labelled, keeping the back office clear of any bags at all times, other than those required for imminent collection by guests.
• To action and complete the porters cleaning list.
• To deliver messages/notes to guests in an efficient and professional way.
• To anticipate and provide for guest needs.
• To greet all guests warmly and sincerely using the guest’s name at all times.
• To make contact with guests during their stay to ensure everything is satisfactory, taking actions and reporting issues to the head of department or duty manager.
• To give full cooperation to any colleague requiring assistance or training and to anticipate your colleagues needs, working together as a team.
• To attend and participate fully in departmental and company training sessions as required by your Manager, and to implement the given training as well as to taking responsibility for your personal development within the company.
• To attend and contribute to staff and departmental meetings as requested by your Manager.
• To comply with any statutory and legal requirement for fire, licensing, health and safety and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements.
• To maintain a good working knowledge of Whittlebury Hall, it’s history, facilities and activities available.
• To promote hotel facilities, Food and Beverage Outlets, Management Training Centre, Leisure Club, Beauty and Hair Salon, Spa, maximising internal sales.
• To maintain a good knowledge of rates and promotions.
• To read function sheets, guest correspondence letters, memorandums and any other relevant information to ensure that communication between the Front Office department and all other department is maintained at all times.
• To be flexible in assisting around the hotel in response to business and guest demands, as well as to any other reasonable duty, as requested by the Management team or the Duty Managers.
• To support Front desk where needed. i.e. answering telephone calls, light reception duties.
• To help in departments where needed and where the individual has the ability to do so.