While visiting, we would respectfully ask you to ensure that you follow the code of practice during your golf stay at Whittlebury.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all your guests, non-golfers as well as golfers are correctly attired.
- No jeans, trainers, tracksuits, rugby or football shirts may be worn on the course or in the clubhouse. Shirts must have collars and sleeves. Trousers must not be tucked into socks. The removal of shirts is not permitted on the golf course.
- Ladies can not wear strapless tops or low-scoop necklines.
- Both players and non-players must wear proper golf shoes on the course.
- Indoors, golf shoes can be worn in The Pro-Shop and Bar but not in any designated 'no spike' areas.
- Shorts when worn, must be tailored and can be worn with sport socks. No tennis or sport shoes are permitted. Ladies shorts must also be tailored and can be worn with ankle or bobble socks.
- Golf bags are not allowed in the clubhouse area.
- Changing of clothes in the car park is not permitted.
- Members and guests must comply with the dress regulation in force in the dining areas.
- Mobile phones are not permitted inside the clubhouse and should be switched off at all times.
Golf Course Etiquette
- Tee times must be adhered to at all times. All members are asked to ensure that their guests are aware of their confirmed starting time and adhere to them. Any player missing or late for their tee time will be reverted to the next available tee time.
- All play must be from the yellow tee markers unless alternative arrangements have been made prior with the Club Professional.
- Slow play is not tolerated. 4 hours is allowed for each match to complete the course.
- Mobile phones are not permitted on the golf course.
- Players searching for a lost ball should invite the following match to play through.
- All bunkers should be raked after playing out and rakes replaced in bunkers.
- Replace divots and press firmly down.
- Repair pitch marks on the greens.
- Clear the green as soon as possible (i.e. mark scorecards on the way to next tee).
- Behave in an appropiate and non-offensive manner on and off the course.
- Adhere to the rules of the golf club and local rules.
Use of Trolleys & Buggies
- Trolley and Buggy bans are at the discretion of the Course Manager according to course conditions. Their decision is final. Please respect this.
Priority on the course
- Any match playing a full 18 holes has priority over a match playing a 9-hole round.
- A club competition match has priority.
- If a match loses one clear hole to the one in the front, it should allow the match behind to pass. Faster groups should be invited through.
- Four is the maximum number allowed in any one game.
Thank you for your co-operation and enjoy your game!