MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To consistently achieve the Front Desk and Switchboard service delivery standards. To provide a constant point of reference for guests and colleagues. Above all, to provide an hospitable, welcoming, knowledgeable and accurate service to guests and colleagues. To ensure correct and efficient handling of cash and credit payments.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
To provide a comprehensive service that is based on welcome, hospitality, warmth and the genuine desire to provide personal but not intrusive service through the delivery of high quality customer service in a spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained environment.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
- To run and be responsible for the smooth running, efficient & accurate shift and be the main point of contact in absence of Departmental Manager or Assistant.
- To ensure that all tasks carried out by Reception staff, are done so in the required standard and ensure that the Reception checklists are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- To promote a helpful, caring and professional image to guest and staff at all times.
- To exercise discipline over all Front desk team and ensure they are working within the company guidelines.
- To promote hotel facilities, Food and Beverage Outlets, Management Training Centre, Leisure Club, Beauty and Hair Studio, maximising internal sales.
- To maintain a good knowledge of reservation procedures, rates, promotions, and room upselling. To be aware of availability and take reservations where necessary.
- To liaise with the Departmental Manager to ensure all control procedures are actioned correctly and there is no loss of revenue.
- To have a thorough knowledge of Visual 1 and all equipment within the Reception area and know who to report hardware and software problems to
- To have a thorough knowledge of all guests arriving and departing, by using Function Sheets, correspondence letters and any other information available.
- To attend weekly function sheet meetings in the absence of the Departmental Manager.
- To anticipate and provide for guest needs and always aim to exceed their expectations.
- To greet all guests warmly and sincerely using the guest’s name at all times.
- To regularly make contact with guests during their stay to ensure everything is satisfactory, taking actions and reporting issues to the head of department or duty manager.
- To Liaise with Sales department and have knowledge regarding group bookings, room allocations, room requirements and billing instructions.
- To maintain and ensure that all Reception floats are at the agreed balance, reporting and taking action to correct any discrepancies immediately, as well as to ensure the security in the Reception area for handling floats and keys.
- To give full cooperation to any colleague requiring assistance or training and to anticipate your colleagues needs, working together as a team.
- To attend and participate fully in departmental and company training sessions as required by your Manager, and to implement the given training as well as to taking responsibility for your personal development within the company.
- To assist the Departmental Manager in the continuous development of a Front Desk and Switchboard training programme.
- To attend and contribute to staff and departmental meetings as requested by your Manager.
- To maintain and help implement SOP manuals for Switchboard and Reception.
- To read function sheets, guest correspondence letters, memorandums and any other relevant information to ensure that communication between the Front Office department and all other department is maintained at all times.
- Be responsible for ensuring that weekly stock levels are maintained for all Reception supplies. Ensure Receptionists and Telephonists carry out a weekly inventory. Communicate any supplies that need to be ordered.
- To maintain a good working knowledge of Whittlebury Hall, it’s history, facilities and activities available.
- To comply with company regulations as stipulated in staff handbook, regarding uniform, timekeeping and general conduct.
- To comply with any statutory and legal requirement for fire, licensing, health and safety and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.