- To maximise all sales opportunities and convert enquiries into confirmed bookings.
- Manage confirmed bookings and obtaining final details to hand over to the Operations Departments efficiently.
- To provide a high level of standards and customer care, ensuring all enquiries for Whittlebury Hall are dealt with efficiently and effectively in line with office procedures.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Sales Office by defining, documenting and delivering a professional sales service
- Coach and develop the conference and events team to ensure a professional and efficient service is delivered to new and existing clients at all times
- To achieve sales and revenue targets.
- To achieve service targets for Mystery Shopper calls (BDRC)
- The accuracy and productivity of the Conference Sales Office
- Be fully aware of budgeted revenue targets for the year, forecasts, sales and marketing plan
- Ensure upselling is taking place by all of the team
- Be responsible for actively selling all relative products of the Estate to potential clients. This involves close coordination with company training managers and conference organisers to ensure that a successful conference is held.
- In liaison with the Sales Managers, contact all potential sources of training, company meetings, congress, convention, incentive, wedding and banqueting business in order to generate business. Contact will also be maintained on a regular basis with all key accounts with preferred rates to Whittlebury Hall.
- To be part of a sales culture environment which identifies opportunities to maximise sales.
- To create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and the hotel
- To carry out quality training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business. To ensure training is recorded and members of staff are consistently coached on a one to one basis
- Refresh, define and implement SOP’s to ensure the service reflects the brand and customer expectation
- Create a personal relationship with key bookers and clients to nurture and develop business opportunities for the business
- Ensure all unfulfilled enquiries, as well existing and new clients, are logged to contribute to the direct marketing database
- Distribute V1 system generated Chases to all co-ordinators each day and manage the individual needs of the co-ordinators based on workload
- Prepare all information for 10am Meeting, assess the gains and losses for group accommodation, specific group requirements. Attend the 10am meeting.
- Ensure all co-ordinators appointments are logged, Sales Managers are aware and relevant show round rooms are gained at 10am meeting
- Check all bedrooms for groups are named each week and blue flied as required, working a minimum 10 days in advance.
- Responsible to ensure the weekly Function Sheets are produced on time by co-ordinators and distributed correctly to Operations Team a minimum of 24 hours before the meeting. Attend the function sheet meeting.
- Ensure that all group confirmations and contracts are issued in accordance with company policy and will institute proper trace systems for this business in order to ensure prompt receipt of all deposits, confirmations, rooming lists etc.
- Manage all external bedroom requirements
- Regularly monitor quality and standard of service and assess shortfalls and successes with implementation of remedial action as required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar sized property at 4 star or above level OR
- minimum two years’ experience at supervisory experience in a smaller property