40 hours per week variable on a rota system on a fixed-term contract
Whittlebury Park Golf Course is situated in the beautiful rolling countryside of south Northamptonshire, with hundreds of ancient oak trees and a dozen lakes once forming part of the royal Whittlewood forest.
This makes it the ideal venue for one of the UK’s finest championship golf courses complimented by the magnificent Atrium Clubhouse (twice winner of 'UK Clubhouse of the Year' and the largest in Europe).
Joining as a Pro-Shop Assistant at Whittlebury Park you will be responsible for carrying out all front of house tasks within the sports office and sales assistant duties in the pro-shop. Whether you are answering the phone and dealing with queries; taking bookings, selling and promoting shop merchandise or providing information to members, you will deliver an efficient and friendly service to members at all times.
This is a full-time role on a roster basis, including regular weekend and evening shifts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A good telephone manner.
- Basic IT knowledge.
- Previous experience in Pro-Shop Assistants / Pro-Shop Retail Assistants is desirable but not essential.
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills - written and verbal.
- Passion and drive as a team player.
The role consists of the following duties;
- Opening and closing the shop.
- Serving customers.
- Booking tee times.
- General housekeeping and assisting with the upkeep of the shop.
- There will also be the requirement for some course marshalling from time to time along with some driving range and Golf buggy related duties.
You will be joining a brilliant and passionate team with great environment and excellent benefits.