MUST BE FROM A HOTEL RECEPTION BACKGROUND
Whittlebury Hall is looking for a talented hands on Front Office Manager ideally from a strong background in 4four/five star hotels at Front Office Manager Level.
Reporting to the General Manager
Main objectives & job role:
To consistently achieve the Front Desk, Porterage, Drivers, Switchboard service delivery standards. To provide a constant point of reference for guests and colleagues. Above all, to provide a hospitable, welcoming, knowledgeable and accurate service to guests and colleagues.
Main area of responsibility:
To provide a comprehensive service that is based on welcome, hospitality, warmth and the genuine desire to provide personal but not intrusive service through the delivery of high quality customer service in a spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained environment.
- Experience in managing and progressing a team
- Operational experience of working to a four/five star standard in a hotel reception.
- Good IT Knowledge - To have a thorough knowledge of Visual 1 and all equipment within the Reception area and know who to report hardware and software problems
- Energetic, Out-going and a real leader
- Passionate about coaching and progressing their team
- Attentive and versatile
- Managing and training the concierge, night auditor and team of receptionists
- To help create a team environment, which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and the hotel.
- Ensuring the front desk provides a professional and friendly service for customers
- Budgets – running a profitable department, making sure that up selling is maximised and budgets are achieved by keeping costs in line and to motivate the team into upselling and any incentive programs.
- Dealing with customers, including handling complaints when they come to the desk
- To maintain and implement SOP manuals for Switchboard and Reception and Porters.
- Troubleshooting emergencies
- To ensure effective communication and liaise with Sales department regarding group bookings, room allocations, room requirements and billing instructions.
- Scheduling your staff rota
- To promote hotel facilities, Food and Beverage Outlets, Management Training Centre, Leisure Club, Spa and Hair Salon, Golf, maximising internal sales.
- Liaising with other departments
- Good telephone skills, particularly if you also look after telesales
- Diplomacy and communication skills to handle any complaints and emergencies in a level-headed manner
- The ability to multitask and manage your time
- Excellent customer skills
- Ability to up sell
- Strong trainer and team manager
- Duty manager shifts as and when business dictates.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.