Whittlebury Hall has a commitment to its staff and their development and if you feel that you have drive, enthusiasm and enjoy being part of a team, then we would like to hear from you.
About the job;
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, experienced, positive and flexible Food and Beverage Manager to be part of our Wonderful independent 4 Star Hotel at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa.
As a Food and Beverage Manager you'll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Executive Head Chef and the General Manager to develop long term relationships with new clients and maintain excellent relationships with current clients with the aim of fortifying long term business and maximising revenue.
- Operationally you will deliver maximum levels of service to all guests managing the day to day running of all of the hotel’s food and beverage offerings to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- This is an extremely hands on role delivering a high quality service to a range of people from those attending large functions and corporate events, guests staying at the Hotel and diners who have chosen it as their preferred lunch time or evening venue.
- This is role and requires an individual with excellent management and leadership skills and a strong commercial attention who can work under pressure to manage the diverse requirements of different types and numbers of guests.
Ideally you will have previous experience as a Food and Beverage Manager in a 4 star Hotel environment;
TASKS & DUTIES:
- To create a team environment, which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and the hotel
- To ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings, for example function sheet meetings, HOD meetings
- To carry out quality training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business. To ensure training is recorded and members of staff are consistently coached and counselled on a one to one basis
- To review the performance of all your employees regularly using company guidelines.
- Ensure the department’s rotas are accurate; staff coverage is in accordance with the expected level of business, that wages are within the agreed budget and that overtime is kept to a minimum
- Ensure smooth running of all outlets
- Liaise and communicate with the Executive Head Chef and F&B team on daily performance of outlets
- Regularly patrol the hotel areas, especially at peak times. Co-ordinate and direct staff accordingly as and when required.
- Ensure that all Food and Beverage requirements on function sheet instructions are met
- Regularly monitor quality and standard of service. Assess shortfalls and successes. Implement remedial action as required.
- Ensure that guest complaints procedures are adhered to and that remedial action is taken as required.
- Maintain a well-trained, motivated and supervised Food and Beverage team, and identify training needs for the team. Submit ideas to the Hotel Manager and HR Manager. Review ongoing training, to ensure consistency.
- Establish and maintain good communications with staff and HODs. If any HODs raise any issues within F&B these are to be dealt with effectively.
- Communicate relevant results, shortfalls, targets, compliments and complaints to your team.
- Liaise with the Hotel Manager and HR Manager on recruitment needs. Interview and recruit suitable candidates within your team. Supervisors and managers are required to be seen by another related manager.
- Ensure the department has a grooming standards, and standards of performance manual. Ensure these are fully implemented and maintained.
- Ensure departmental inductions take place for all new staff within the Food and Beverage Team, within the first week of employment. New Starter Inductions held on Monday mornings.
- Submit, discuss and agree proposals and plans to improve standards, working conditions, control systems, and maximise revenue
- Ensure Food and Beverage keep and maintain accurate and up to date records on training, sickness, annual holidays, etc
- To operate around the needs of the business which will include regular weekends
- To carry out ‘Manager on Call’ shifts as required
- Be fully aware of budgeted revenue targets for the year, forecasts, sales and marketing plan.
- Identify potential areas of revenue increase and submit proposals to Hotel Manager.
- Implement new ideas to increase revenue once approved by Hotel Manager.
- Review prices against competitors and be aware of competitor’s activity.
- Ensure up selling within all outlets. Incentivise staff where required.
- Ensure all revenue is captured daily within outlets.
- Review the daily revenue figures produced by the Financial Controller. Discrepancies spotted must be brought to the attention of the Financial Controller.
- Maintain the expenses in line with the budget
- Ensure all company purchasing procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with the Financial Controller to ensure stock takes are completed to schedule.
- Ensure stock levels for consumable goods are maintained and purchased within the budget
- Ensure that all staff is aware of health and safety regulations and report any potential dangers as per company standards.
- Ensure all staff is fully conversant with fire and emergency procedures and respond to any incidents as per agreed procedures.
- Ensure all staff attends the statutory training as requested by the HR Manager.
- Any other duties as specified by Management.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS SKILLS:
- Team management, leadership & team player
- Effective management: delivering profit centre profitability
- Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Attention to detail
- Sensitivity to customers: good relationship skills
- Spirit of initiative
- Financial awareness
- Plenty of energy
- F&B Manager in 4-5 star 140+ bed t/o circa £10m+
- BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal License
- Basic Food Hygiene minimum
- Experience of working in positions of high responsibility in the hotel or food and beverage sectors and managing teams of at least 70 staff