To achieve food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by overseeing preparation of the menu and managing the operation of the kitchens
MAIN OBJECTIVE & ROLE
- Participate in the development and implementation of business strategies for the all kitchens that are aligned with the company’s overall mission, vision, values and strategies
- Participate in the development of the kitchens business strategies
- Implement strategies for the kitchen that support achievement of the estate goals
- Monitor status regularly and adjust strategies as appropriate
- Create an environment for employees that are aligned with the company culture through constant communication and support & progression planning
- Deliver the company experience for guests and employees
- Communicate and reinforce the service vision for the hotel to managers and employees
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement
- Seek out sources of fresh food; monitor all produce and meat for freshness
- Daily menu planning that incorporate seasonal or special order ingredients
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food
- Ensure that unused food is stored properly in order to minimise waste and maximise quality
- Coordinate service with restaurant and banquet operations
- Manage the daily operation of the kitchens
- Coordinate the inventory, purchasing and disbursement of all supplies with the head chefs
- Ensure that company cleaning policy’s, HACCP, COSHH are adhered to by all team members, review & retrain staff as required
- Recruit, interview & employ staff to meet the needs of the business, while being mindful of succession planning across the kitchens
- Rota staff based upon forecasted business levels for all kitchen areas
- Prepare reports summarising food and beverage profitability, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Keep current with local competition; adjusts menu periodically to create a “point of difference” in the marketplace
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To adhere to all the company's procedure on health, safety and hygiene.
- Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation and security procedures for the Hotel.
- Report any accidents and potential hazards to the Estate Executive chef.