MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To maximise all sales opportunities and convert enquiries into confirmed bookings. Manage confirmed bookings and obtaining final details to hand over to the Operations Departments efficiently.
To provide a high level of standards and customer care, ensuring all enquiries for Whittlebury Hall are dealt with efficiently and effectively in line with office procedures.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
• In conjunction with the Conference and Events Office Manager and Supervisor, optimise sales through effective yield management of bed space and meeting room allocations.
• Ensure that all sales enquiries are dealt with within 2 hours or within the client’s service level agreement.
• To be part of a sales culture environment which identifies opportunities to maximise sales and upsell.
• Ensure all new contacts and account information is passed to the correct Sales Manager in a timely and accurate manner
• To be at the forefront with customers requesting to utilise Whittlebury Hall for conference, banqueting and associated events.
• Handle all enquiries within two hours in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner and to ensure that all aspects of company policy relating to contracts, terms and conditions, yield management and payments are met.
• To be fully aware of facilities, tariffs and current activities, ensuring you have in-depth knowledge of bedroom and meeting rooms available
• Handle test calls, emails and web enquiries making sure that all criteria is met and 94% is achieved.
• To actively promote the hotel in a professional manner at all times including the attendance at client events, networking and site visits as required
• Proactively chase by phone provisional bookings to convert or release to ensure booking opportunities are maximised.
• To develop a good relationship with clients to maximise repeat business.
• Meet with customers for site inspections and final details information.
• Produce accurate function sheets and contractual information for clients and update as required.
• Carry out follow up calls for feedback as required.
• Achieve targets and objectives set by the Conference and Events Manager & Executives.
• Be well-organised and able to work under pressure, with an ability to meet tight deadlines and problem solve as required.
• Carry out competitor calls to ensure that we understand our competitor set, rates and inclusions.
• To perform any other reasonable task/duty asked of you by the Conference and Events Manager & Executive or any other member of the Management team.
• Sales office is manned at all times.
• Attend daily, weekly meetings as appropriate.
• Attend exhibitions & promotional stands as required.
To liaise with external providers on behalf of the client in relation to outdoor activities and entertainment, transport and any other auxiliary service required.
It is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies;
• Strong and proactive sales skills in order to maximize every opportunity
• A keen attitude to go beyond expectations and deliver exceptional customer service
• Ability to work in a pressurised sales environment with good problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail to ensure all information is accurately entered into the system
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the jobholder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.