To maintain a high standard of service and customer care together with a relaxed professional atmosphere and ensure the customers are dealt with in a friendly environment to the four star standards of the spa.
• To report for duty punctually as per rota whilst adhering to Spa grooming standards.
• To be aware of, and comply with, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
• To be aware of, and comply with, the Hotel and Departmental Fire Procedures in the event of a fire drill, fire or fire evacuation.
• To have a thorough knowledge of V1 Spa system, Gantner Locker systems, and to be fully aware of the new email retrieval requirements for Guest Questionnaires.
• To ensure all guest names are assigned to their individual Gatner wristbands and that the correct information is given to them regarding their lockers, robes and wristbands.
• To be responsible for the printing and placing of guests treatment schedules into the assigned guest lockers as per the arrival time slots.
• To be responsible for opening and setting up the Spa for the day (as per the Open Spa SOP) and to be responsible for closing down and locking the Spa (as per the Close Spa SOP).
• To ensure all guests receive a warm and friendly welcome, and are given all the appropriate information relevant to their package (as per the Check in…. SOP).
• That all keys are signed in and out as per Hotel SOP.
• To input the correct guest names on the Visual One PMS system ready for arrival of all day guests who might open a tab.
• To ensure all guests fill out the Medical Consultation Form and are advised correctly on any contra-indications and asked to fill out a Disclaimer Form when appropriate.
• Responsible for inputting all the correct data from each guest Medical Form, on to the Visual One Spa system.
• To take extra care when dealing with Lost property and to be responsible for following the correct procedure.
• To sell gift cards and ensure the correct paperwork is filled out, logged and put in the till for banking.
• To report any serious complaints to a member of the Spa Management Team.
• To handle any guest queries, problems or complaints and take the necessary action to the satisfaction of the guest and the business.
• To be responsible for the reception and related areas. Ensuring they are clean and tidy. That all displays are maintained and that all guest changing areas and relaxation areas are to the highest standard in respect of cleanliness and hygiene.
• Responsible for all cash handling procedures at the reception desk. All appointments/transactions are checked out and settled for. Any irregularities are investigated. Log the float correctly morning and night.
• To ensure all guests are offered a Spa tour.
• To maintain the heat and ice experience, reporting any health and safety issues, referring to cleanliness and faults.
• To monitor the return of robes, towels and locker keys.
• To ensure all advertised services/refreshments/products are set up and readily available
• To ensure all preparation is completed ready for guests arrival
• To report any maintenance issues to the maintenance department and Spa management team.
• To attend any training courses /sessions as requested by Whittlebury Hall.
• To ensure any staff sickness is reported to the Executive on Duty as soon as possible.
• Personal appearance is to be immaculate and professional at all times – you are expected to always have a clean company uniform, clean, neat hair is to be tied back in a hair bun, dark coloured closed shoes must be worn, nails must be short, clean and unpolished., make-up should be appropriate to the beauty environment, Other than small stud earrings, jewellery is not allowed, this rule also applies to other body piercings and tattoos. Attention to personal hygiene is essential.
• To be ready for work at least ten minutes before the shift is due to start.
• E-mail need to be checked on a daily basis at the first available time.
• Required to attend all departmental staff meetings, participate in team building exercises and training as and when required (unless on pre-authorised annual leave).
• Professional conduct, both inside and outside of work is expected at all time. An enthusiastic - and motivated attitude is expected when dealing with clients, guests and colleagues.
• Spa Receptionists is required to undertake all other reasonable requests from the Spa Manager or Assistant Spa Manager and to carry out any additional work necessary to make the Spa a success, within the remit and level of responsibilities for their role.
• Follow company SOP’S.
Basic functional skills
Customer services courses
Worked in a customer related job
Previous role in reception work
V1 Spa knowledge
Essential & Desired Attitude:
Being open to new ideas
Good time keeping
Wanting to learn