MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To ensure that Whittlebury Leisure Club is managed in a smooth and efficient manner. To maintain a high standard of service and customer care together with a relaxed but professional atmosphere. To lead and motivate a team of staff, helping them achieve their set targets, together with The Club service standards.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To report for duty punctually as per rota, wearing the correct attire.
- To be aware of, and comply with, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Hotel and Departmental Fire Procedures and to adhere to those procedures in the event of fire or fire evacuation.
- To comply with industry recommendations and any recommendations of the Environmental Health Officers, with regards to water sensitisation and any Health and Safety related issues with The Leisure Club.
- To assist in the training of leisure staff on any issue relating to health and Safety. That all Health and Safety procedures are recorded, and that a clear log is maintained.
- To be responsible for the Gym and related areas, to carry out induction, lifestyle analysis, classes and general motivation of members.
- To be responsible for the Gym, its equipment and all aspects relating to this area. To make sure all members are correctly screened, inducted and that safe fitness programmes are issued.
- To ensure monthly Personal Training target set by the Club Manager or Gym Supervisor is achieved
- To help run promotions in The Leisure Club to motivate members and help member retention.
- To make sure that there is a high level of cleanliness in The Leisure Club. That if any area is not to the satisfactory level of cleanliness it is cleaned immediately.
- That correct cash handling procedures are carried out, that all transactions are put through Check-Out, and that any irregularities are investigated and put right before the end of shift.
- To ensure that all staff are active at all times.
- To carry out all administration duties in an efficient manner as to maintain the smooth running of The Leisure Club.
- To help in the training and development of all personnel within The Leisure Club, in line with identified training needs and to record such training on the training records.
- To maintain effective communication links within The Leisure Club and all other departments within Whittlebury Hall.
- To report to the maintenance department any faults with equipment or necessary maintenance throughout The Leisure Club.
- To handle any guest queries, problems or complaints and take the necessary action to the satisfaction of the guest and the hotel, and to report any serious complaints to the Manager.
- To maintain strict security precautions throughout The Leisure Club.
- To take responsibility for pool tests and the management of the results.
- To attend any training courses/sessions as requested by the Hotel Management and in line with statutory requirements
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.