MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
Order all goods for the provision of Breakfast and Lunch.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Make sure the correct amount of goods are ordered and stored correctly.
- Check on function sheets for any special events ie. Bacon Sandwiches.
- Prepare wrap up and vacuum pack where appropriate for freshness and date stamp.
- Supervise and train others in Breakfast and Lunch operations.
- Report any hazards or any equipment out of order to the Sous Chef.
- Make sure all goods are used in strict rotation.
- Improve on quality by using innovation and discuss with Executive Head Chef
- Be familiar with electrical equipment, and have an understanding of safe working practices.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To adhere to the company's procedures on health and safety, security and hygiene.
- Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation, and security procedures for the Hotel.
- Reporting any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
- To attend any internal or external course that management may deem beneficial.
- To be alive to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or hotel.
- To help and advise new staff on all aspects and standards in all job activities.
MAINTAINING IMAGE OF THE HOTEL
- To be smart in appearance and courteous at all times, and to act as an ambassador for the hotel.
- To be punctual for duty at all times.
- Overtime when required, and assistance to any other section in the kitchen.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by management.
- To be flexible in the duties required of you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head.