MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
To provide a comprehensive food, drink, function and event service that is based on welcome, hospitality, warmth and the genuine desire to provide personal but not intrusive service through the delivery of high quality meals and beverages in a spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained environment.
TASKS & DUTIES:
• To create a team environment, which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and the hotel
• To ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings, for example function sheet meetings, HOD meetings
• To carry out quality training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business. To ensure training is recorded and members of staff are consistently coached and counselled on a one to one basis
• To review the performance of all your employees regularly using company guidelines.
• Ensure smooth running of all outlets
• Taking responsibility of the ordering of all supplies, including the receipt of said orders e.g. beer, soft drinks stationary etc.
• Liaise and communicate with the Chef and Restaurants departmental Assistants and supervisors on daily performance of outlets
• Regularly patrol the hotel areas (reception, lounge), especially at peak times. Co-ordinate and direct staff accordingly as and when required
• Ensure that all Bar requirements on function sheet instructions are met
• Regularly monitor quality and standard of service. Assess shortfalls and successes. Implement remedial action as required.
• Ensure that guest complaints procedures are adhered to and that remedial action is taken as required.
• Maintain a well trained, motivated and supervised Bar team, and identify training needs for the team. Submit ideas to the F&B Manager. Review ongoing training, to ensure consistency.
• Establish and maintain good communications with staff and HODs. If any HODs raise any issues within F&B these are to be dealt with effectively.
• Communicate relevant results, shortfalls, targets, compliments and complaints to your team.
• Liaise with the F&B Manager on recruitment needs. Interview and recruit suitable candidates within your team. Supervisors and managers are required to be seen by another related manager.
• Ensure the department has a grooming standards, and standards of performance manual. Ensure these are fully implemented and maintained.
• Ensure departmental inductions take place for all new staff within the Bar team, within the first week of employment. New Starter Inductions held on Monday mornings.
• Submit, discuss and agree proposals and plans to improve standards, working conditions, control systems, and maximise revenue
• Ensure Bars keep and maintain accurate and up to date records on training, sickness, annual holidays, etc
• To participate in the Duty Management rota
• Be fully aware of budgeted revenue targets for the year, forecasts, sales and marketing plan.
• Identify potential areas of revenue increase and submit proposals to F&B Manager
• Implement new ideas to increase revenue once approved by F&B Manager
• Review prices against competitors and be aware of competitor’s activity.
• Ensure upselling within all outlets. Incentivise staff where required.
• Ensure all revenue is captured daily within outlets.
• Review the daily revenue figures produced by the FC. Discrepancies spotted must be brought to the attention of the Financial Controller.
• Ensure all company purchasing procedures are adhered to.
• Ensure stock levels for consumable goods are maintained and purchased with in the budget
• Ensure that all staff are aware of health and safety regulations and report any potential dangers as per company standards.
• Ensure all staff are fully conversant with fire and emergency procedures and respond to any incidents as per agreed procedures.
• Ensure all staff attend the statutory training as requested by the Training Manager.
• Any other duties as specified by Management.
- Basic Food Hygiene minimum
- Operational experience in four star property
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.