8:30am - 10:30am
Tuesday 21st November
Introduced in April 2017, the Apprenticeship Levy affects all businesses, not just those with a wage bill greater than £3million, and represents an opportunity for developing new skills at a lower cost for employers.
Whether your business pays the Apprenticeship Levy or not, you have two fundamental choices - use it or lose it!
This free breakfast seminar will provide a comprehensive review of the Apprenticeship Levy and we will consider the impact that it has had on local businesses - some of whom may have started using the Levy whilst many more will still be considering their options. We will help develop your understanding of your Levy liability and discuss how best to utilise Levy funds to support your training and development requirements.
This seminar will be broken down into three parts to cover key aspects of the Apprenticeship Levy:
- Employment Law - learn the rules for employing apprentices
- Graham Irons, Partner, Howes Percival LLP
- Finance - find out how to pay the Levy and spend the voucher
- Mark Morton, Employment Tax Director, Grant Thornton
- Organisational development - advice on staff development, succession planning and training design.
- Chris Coghlan and Caroline Indge, Business Engagement, Milton Keynes College
The event is free of charge and breakfast rolls, pastries and refreshments will be served on arrival. There will also be time for networking and questions afterwards. We expect spaces to fill up quickly for this topic so please don't hesitate to respond.
*Terms and conditions apply. Information submitted for booking will be shared with Grant Thornton, Howes Percival and Whittlebury Hall.