For immediate release: 4th June 2014
One Year Celebrations for Whittlebury Hall Website…
Whittlebury Hall is celebrating one year since its new website went live.
The Conference and Training Centre, Hotel and Spa worked with Milton Keynes based agency Interdirect, to review, restructure and redesign their website in early 2013.
The old website had a designated micro-site for each area of the business and so the objective was to develop one single umbrella website to showcase the diverse leisure and business offering and drive revenue online.
The new website launched on 1 May 2013 and is positioned as an informative and interactive website for all audiences building loyalty with existing customers and attracting prospective customers.
Testament to this, the website has achieved fantastic results from go-live to its first anniversary:
- 17% year on year increase in visits to the website
- 35% year on year increase in page views, demonstrating that users can find content more easily
- 20% increase in time spent on site showing an increase in user engagement
- 84% year on year increase in online shop sales for December
- Search traffic has increased form 45% to 63%
A comprehensive email campaign has also been implemented, with an average of six emails per month sent. This activity, which was introduced as part of the on-going digital strategy, has again achieved some outstanding results:
- Delivery rates have increased to 99.77% from 43%
- 24% of visits to the website are as a result of email campaigns
- Direct correlation between email sends and peaks in traffic to the site
- Increased open rates to a 24% monthly average
Cathy Harrison, Marketing & PR Manager at Whittlebury Hall, said: “We are delighted with the look, feel and performance of our website and email campaigns that Interdirect has created since we began working with them one year ago.
“The website’s accessibility, usability and its great results to date have also been recognised by the UK Digital Experience Awards and we’re pleased to announce that we have been shortlisted in the Best Digital Experience – Leisure, Events & Travel category in partnership with Interdirect.”
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony in London on 9th July 2014.
Visit Whittlebury Hall’s website: www.whittleburyhall.co.uk
For further press information, images and quotes please contact Emma Lay on:
T: +44 (0)1327 850428