MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To maintain a high standard of service and customer care together with a relaxed but professional atmosphere.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
To ensure the customers are dealt with in a friendly environment to the four star standards of the spa.
TASKS & DUTIES:
• To report for duty punctually as per rota whilst adhering to Spa grooming standards.
• To be aware of, and comply with, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
• To be aware of, and comply with, the Hotel and Departmental Fire Procedures in the event of a fire drill, fire or fire evacuation.
• To have a thorough knowledge of V1 Spa system, Gantner Locker systems, and to be fully aware of the new email retrieval requirements for Guest Questionnaires. This will be located in the treatment suite upstairs.
• To ensure that all new GQ’s are completed (as per the new data entry SOP) and updated onto the V1 system (as per the new pre-arrival SOP) a minimum of three days prior to the guests arrival.
• To be responsible for checking that the above procedure is correctly followed as per the SOP and to follow up any late GQ’s that have not yet been received.
• To be responsible for the correct filing and maintenance of these questionnaires in the treatment suite area.
• To be responsible for checking the amount of guests in the main lead party as per the booking request.
• To ensure all guest names are assigned to their individual Gantner wristbands and that the correct information is given to them regarding their lockers, robes and wristbands.
• To be responsible for the printing and placing of guests treatment schedules into the assigned guest lockers as per the arrival time slots.
• To print off the individual guest charge card and to inform the guest of the correct way to use these during their visit to The Day Spa, and to inform the guest about how they should return to reception at the end of their day to check out.
• Responsible for all billing and cash handling procedures at the Reception desk. All appointments/transactions are ‘Checked Out’. Any irregularities are investigated and solved, and any additions to their charge card are charged for before the guest leaves.
• Actively promote The Day Spa’s facilities and encourage our guest to book additional treatments at the Treatment Suite and to promote Whittlebury Hall’s facilities, i.e. Spa, Restaurants etc.
• To be fully aware of, and understand the Spa Reception SOP manual.
• Ensure all clients receive the Spa Orientation to the required standards, as stated in the Spa Reception SOP manual.
• That all keys are signed in and out as per Hotel SOP.
• To handle any guest queries, problems or complaints and take the necessary action to the satisfaction of the Guest and the Hotel.
• To report any serious complaints to management.
• Promote a professional image of The Spa to all clients at all times.
• To be responsible for the reception and related areas. Ensuring they are clean and tidy. That all displays are maintained, and that all guest changing areas and relaxation areas are to the highest of standards in respect of cleanliness and hygiene.
• To monitor and maintain the rotation of all towels, slippers and robes, ensuring that all are checked out and signed for accordingly. To ensure that they are all received at the end of the day, and if not the correct procedure is followed in respect of charging the guest.
• To be responsible for the collection, cleaning and drying of all of the towels, slippers and robes throughout the reception areas, the changing rooms and all of the treatment suite areas thus maintaining the highest standards of Whittlebury Hall.
• All literature is fully stocked and well presented.
• To be aware of all the forthcoming Day Spa promotions, to assist with the smooth running of these promotions. Thus motivating members and helping member retention.
• To maintain effective communication links within the Spa and all other Departments within Whittlebury Hall.
• To report any maintenance issues to the Maintenance department.
• To maintain strict security precautions throughout the Spa.
• To attend any training courses / sessions as requested by the Hotel Management.
• To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Hotel Management.
• To be responsible for assuring any sickness is directed to the Spa Manager without delay so the Day Spa can be operated accordingly.