MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To ensure that painting and decorating repairs to the hotel are completed to an acceptable standard thus ensuring continuity of service of all facilities within the hotel.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
• To have a thorough knowledge of the hotel and operation and to maintain the hotel to a high standard of painting and decorating.
• Painting the necessary areas of the hotel in line with a painting and decorating rota, to ensure all areas of the hotel are visited regularly.
• To carry out short term painting / decorating work – emergency repairs affecting guest bedrooms with immediate effect.
• To liaise fully with all departments with regard to painting / decorating, especially housekeeping and the food productions areas.
• To check all painting / decorating stocks on a regular basis, ordering appropriate stocks when necessary to maintain continuity of service to all other departments.
• To ensure all security procedures laid down by the hotel are strictly adhered to. This to include the use of a work register for outside contractors.
• To follow the company’s Health & Safety Policy and to complete all duties on the Health & Safety checklists as soon as possible. Otherwise to liaise with the appropriate HOD, General Manager and external contractors.
• To carry out a full repaint/decoration as necessary of 2 bedrooms per week, to include all work necessary to ensure room ready to let, e.g. painting, tiling, grouting, repairs, plastering, papering, carpets, bath panels, taps, shower cartridges, switches.
• To ensure you comply with all Health and Safety Regulations with in your area of responsibility.
• Attend training when required.
• To be fully aware of and adhere to Company Fire procedures.
• This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required to carry out tasks requested by the management.