MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To ensure the smooth & efficient running of the following areas based on service:
• Aston Restaurant
• Murray’s Restaurant
• Bentley’s Restaurant
• Leisure Club Food and Beverage
• Spa Bar
• Functions with in these areas
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
To provide a comprehensive food, drink, function and event service that is based on welcome, hospitality, warmth and the genuine desire to provide personal but not intrusive service through the delivery of high quality meals and beverages in a spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained environment.
TASKS & DUTIES:
• To create a team environment, which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and the hotel
• To ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular service briefing sessions
• To ensure training and development is carried out.
• To update the F&B Operations Manager with a performance review of the employees in F&B
• Ensure the department’s rotas are checked daily for changes and staff coverage is in accordance with the expected level of business
• Ensure smooth running of all outlets
• Know the daily performance targets and liaise and communicate with the employees
• Regularly patrol the hotel areas, especially at peak times. Co-ordinate and direct staff accordingly as and when required
• Ensure that guest complaints procedures are adhered to
• Maintain a well trained, motivated and supervised Food and Beverage team, and identify training needs for the team. Submit ideas to the F&B Operations Manager.
• Establish and maintain good communications with staff.
• Ensure the department has a grooming standards, and standards of performance manual. Ensure these are followed and maintained.
• Ensure departmental inductions and training take place for all new staff within the Food and Beverage Team, within the first week of employment.
• Submit, discuss and agree proposals and plans to improve standards, working conditions, control systems, and maximise revenue with the F&B Operations Manager regularly.
• Be fully aware of targets for the year, sales plan.
• Identify potential areas of revenue increase and submit proposals to F&B Operations Manager.
• Work with the F&B Operations Manager to implement new ideas to increase revenue once approved by General Manager
• Ensure upselling within all outlets.
• Ensure all revenue is captured daily within outlets.
• Ensure stock levels for consumable goods are maintained
• Ensure that all staff are aware of health and safety regulations and report any potential dangers as per company standards.
• Ensure all staff are fully conversant with fire and emergency procedures and respond to any incidents as per agreed procedures.
• Ensure all staff attend the statutory training as requested by the Training Manager.
• Basic Food Hygiene minimum
• Operational experience in four star property