MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
Supervise the day to day running of the allocated sections. Make sure relevant food is prepared to standard for all food and beverage outlets.
1. Supervise the work of all Commis and Apprentice Chefs.
2. Make sure & check that all mis-en-place is up to date & liase with other sections regarding their mis-en-place and wastage.
3. Check board for functions and number of people to cater for.
4. Ensure that a high standard of preparation, hygiene and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
5. To requisition a sufficient supply of food from the stores on a daily basis.
6. Motivate all staff on section.
7. Reports all faults, errors, complaints and compliments to the Senior Chef on duty.
8. Makes sure all food and beverages are used up in strict rotation.
9. Attends meetings and liaise on Banqueting functions or any special parties as required.
10. Be constantly aware of new ideas and create new dishes in the Food and Beverage outlets.
11. Ensures that all food items are date stamped.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. To adhere to all the company's procedure on health, safety and hygiene.
2. Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation and security procedures for the Hotel.
3. Report any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
1. To attend any internal or external courses that management may deem beneficial.
2. To be energetic to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or hotel
3. Attend departmental meetings.
MAINTAINING IMAGE OF THE HOTEL
1. To be smart in appearance and courteous at all times and to act as ambassador for the Hotel.
2. To be punctual for duty at all times.
3. Train all new staff to a competent standard of work in the section.
1. Work at the FOH in service of food, e.g. Sunday Brunch buffets, Breakfasts.
2. To take charge of the kitchen occasionally in the absence of senior chefs.
3. To carry out any reasonable requests made by management.
4. To be flexible in the duties required of you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head.