MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Chef and Sous Chefs to prepare food, supervise and take part in the day to day running of the section.
1. Ensure that a high standard of preparations and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
2. Makes sure and checks that all mis-en-place is up to date and liase with other sections with their mis-en-place and wastage.
3. Check weekly function sheets and order sufficient stores.
4. Check kitchen beverage stock and control on a daily basis.
5. Oversees staff on the section, training on the job, and ensure that the section runs smoothly and efficiently.
6. Delegate staff in their duties and keep up standards in health, safety and hygiene.
7. Is generally alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the section.
8. Reports and hygiene problems including pest sightings to the Senior Sous Chef or Sous Chefs.
9. Reports and defective machinery or equipment immediately to thesous Chef
10. Be constantly aware of new ideas and create new dishes in the F & B outlets.
11. Ensure that all food items are date stamped.
12. Maintain a high standard of discipline to reduce waste and accidents. Report all faults, errors, complaints and compliments to the Senior Chef on duty.
13. Prepare hot dishes for staff meals when requested.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. To adhere to all the company's procedure on health, safety and hygiene.
2. Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation and security procedures for the Hotel.
3. Report any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
1. To attend any internal or external courses that management may deem beneficial.
2. To be alive to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or hotel
3. Attend departmental meetings.
MAINTAINING IMAGE OF THE HOTEL
1. To be smart in appearance and courteous at all times and to act as an ambassador for the Hotel.
2. To be punctual for duty at all times.
3. Train all new staff to a competent standard of work in the section.
1. To take charge of the kitchen occasionally in the absence of the Sous Chef.
2. To carry out any reasonable request made by management.
3. To be flexible in the duties required of you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head.